What is START? START is about our clients and their families.
It is about:
· Looking beyond the behaviours and finding the reasons for the behaviour, then coming together to create a plan and support the client in working through that plan.
· Agencies working more effectively, together in a positive way.
· Building trust between agencies and clients.
· Looking at the client, the accused, the student from a different perspective and having them see more than the social worker who took their kids away, the cop who arrested them or the principal who kicked them out of school.
It is not about:
· Taking over any agency’s
· Cutting people a break or
Instead, it’s about
for all involved,
in a respectful way.